Anime Inspirations AWA Contest 100 USD in Prizes! (Click for more info)

Fall 2013 Anime
(you'll find some inspiration here)

Little Busters Refrain
White Album 2
Golden Time
Non Non Biyori
Tesagure! Bukatsu mono
Latest Videos
(daily humor/inspiring scenes/op/ed songs)


Newest Post

// On :Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Watamote-No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!, may be one of the most controversial anime titles this season. Tomoko is a character we can sympathize with, and we just pray that there are happier days ahead for her. 




An article posted at Kotaku pretty much sums up my feelings on Watamote.  It is one of those shows that has a dark humor, sometimes coming across as twisted and sickening when you think about it. Like most anime, things are exaggerated, however, there is truth to a lot of what Tomoko is going through. I think anyone with some type of social anxiety disorder just wants to find happiness, find a cure for the pain in their everyday lives. There are a lot of people out there that suffer from social anxiety in certain degrees, so I am sure they can relate in one way or another. 

Throughout the course of the show however, I feel that Tomoko is taking half-hearted attempts at changing herself. That is the lure of the show in a sense, to make you sympathize with the protagonist and feel her pain.  Mainly, I am looking forward to each episode, eagerly anticipating whether Tomoko will make any actual progress in changing herself. What will make this a great anime (in my opinion) is if Tomoko overcomes all obstacles and succeeds in the end. I guess any combination of the following (listed below) will make me cheer in joy. This will make the show worthwhile in that viewers can take the experiences of Tomoko and apply them to their own lives. 



  • If she lands a nice, caring boyfriend and is happy as a result
  • Overcomes her social anxiety / can hold a conversation with strangers
  • Puts some more effort towards her physical appearance be it make-up, going to the gym etc. and we see the results at the end of the show
  • Her voice is very mundane, I am sure she can sound more feminine (no doubt exaggerated for hilarity's  sake)

We'll see how the show will conclude. Either way I am rooting for Tomoko to prevail someway prior to the show's conclusion. 


Watamote on Wikipedia

Watch Watamote on AnimeHere



Top | About | Contact | Forums | Privacy and Disclaimer
RightStuf | AniChart | AnimeHere | CrunchyRoll | MangaFox | OCRemix

Copyright © Anime Inspirations - Watch Anime. Be inspired. . All Rights Reserved. All intellectual property, trademarks and copyrights contained within
(including but not limited to text, images, pictures etc.) are owned by their respective trademark and copyright holders.

Anime-Note//Powered by Blogger // Designed by Johanes Djogan //